City of San Mateo, Housing & Community Development Specialist
San Mateo is a city of approximately 100,000 residents located in Silicon Valley. One of the City’s strengths is its diversity, both in the ethnic makeup and the physical development of the community
You would be joining over 575 people whose mission it is to serve the San Mateo community with a collaborative, innovative and professional spirit. We are looking for someone who embodies our shared values of respect, creativity, inclusivity, transparency, and integrity in their words and actions. Community Development Department is staffed by 50 employees. The Department, comprised of Planning, Neighborhood Improvement and Housing, Code Enforcement, and Building, provides a broad range of functions relating the development of the community
Under general supervision, the Housing Specialist I/II will perform a wide variety of duties primarily related to the administration of the federal Community Development Block Grant program, as well as assist with affordable housing programs, projects and plans.
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review, analyze, evaluate and recommend adoption of federal, state, and local programs and policies to meet City community development and housing needs; structure and modify programs to meet specific City circumstances
- Maintain accurate records and files of assigned projects and cases; monitor funds expended; prepare a variety of periodic and special reports related to grant, loan and City sponsored programs; provide input into annual budget requests and assist with monitoring the budget.
- Assist City-sponsored affordable housing developments/programs by assisting with site acquisition, eligibility review, underwriting, financing, contract administration, dispute mediation and completion.
- Publicize and prepare marketing information for the City’s various housing and community development projects; meet with individuals and groups to disseminate such information; attend public meetings as a City representative, as assigned.
- Coordinate aspects of assigned projects with the work of other City staff, such as Planning, Building, Public Works, Police and Fire, as well as other local agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Assist with the administration and monitoring of City sponsored affordable housing units.
- Conduct various studies, and analysis regarding project feasibility; prepare statistical, financial, environmental, and other technical analyses and reports.
- Housing Specialist I $6,288.78 to $7,500.47 per month
- Housing Specialist II $6,919.04 to $8,247.80 per month
Go to: www.cityofsanmateo.org click on the “Career Opportunities” Icon, “See Current Job Openings” Icon, then “Housing Specialist l/II” link to complete an on-line employment application and supplemental questionnaire You may also mail a complete employment package to:
City of San Mateo, Human Resources Department
330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
This recruitment will close by:
Friday, August 18, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
or upon receipt of first 100 applications, whichever occurs first