Graduate Transportation Planner Engineer/Analyst
Start your career at Arup, listed in Engineering News Record as one of the top “Best Green Design Firms”, “Top Global Design Firms”, and featured on Fortune Magazine’s “Change The World” list of companies that are making the world a better place.
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird’s Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are seeking Graduate Transportation Planning Engineer/Analysts for 2018. As a Graduate Transportation Planning Engineer/Analyst, you will learn and apply the following:
• Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis
• Use of specialist software packages
• Completing and documenting technical analyses
• Report writing
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
• Proven interest in the fields of transportation engineering and planning
• Bachelor’s degree and 3.0 GPA or higher
• A degree in a relevant analytical discipline
• Coursework in transportation planning and/or engineering
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
• Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
• Masters degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
• Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
• Past history of presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Graduates become an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we would provide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobility options.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, click here.