GTS Engineering & Consulting, Permitting Specialist
Gas Transmission Systems, Inc. has provided clients with engineering, project management, and natural gas transmission & distribution services since 1998. GTS is a national leader in hydrostatic testing, pipeline replacement, construction management and project management. The GTS leadership team consists of former utility executives experienced in engineering, construction and O&M services for natural gas transmission and distribution systems. GTS has been recognized for outstanding performance by: The 2013 Bay Area Best Places to Work (top 25); the 2012 PG&E Gas Operations Supplier of the Year; the 2012 Bay Area Best Places to Work (top 10); and the 2011 PG&E Small Business Supplier of the Year. GTS is a woman-owned business enterprise certified by California Supplier Clearinghouse and WBENC.
The GTS foundation of success, sustainability, growth and client satisfaction is due to the following Company values:
Can Do – Go the distance. Be open-minded and flexible. Find a way to say yes.
Quality – Take pride in our work. Achieve the highest standards of excellence.
Integrity – Follow through with commitments. Have the courage to do what is right.
Camaraderie – Show loyalty to GTS and the team. Treat each other with respect and tolerance.
Proficiency – Reach beyond competence. Be professional at all times.
Working with Project Managers, Engineers, and governmental agencies, the Permitting Specialist will prepare, submit and obtain building, land use, and encroachment permits in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinate permit submittals with construction schedules
- Manage and prioritize deadlines to meet multiple project schedules
- Complete city/county permit application forms
- Scan, print, plot, & file plans, drawing, and permits
- Communicate frequently with Building, Planning & Public Works departments within various governmental agencies.
- Follow up on permit applications to minimize/avoid delays, and to communicate any issues
- Maintain a permit applications log
- Provide progress reports on the status of permit applications
Technical Skills Required/Desired
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Utility and/or construction experience preferred
Leadership Skills Required
- Customer and Client Focused
- Results Orientated
- Takes pride in work
- Effective and tactful communication both written and verbal
- Eager to learn
- Knows when to ask for help and helps others
- Shares knowledge and information
- Innovation and looking for ways to make things better
- Thinks in a logical and process oriented way
- Assignments are completed accurately and on time
- Clients and GTS Leadership are well informed of progress, obstacles and solutions
- Innovation and quality standards are practiced
- Cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork behaviors are visible
- Reports, documents, and analysis are accurate and well documented
- Personal productivity is maintained