Katz & Associates, Inc, Account Supervisor for Environmental Communication & Public Participation
About Katz & Associates:
Katz & Associates is a nationally recognized public affairs communication consulting firm specializing in stakeholder outreach, community outreach, and public involvement programs for public sector clients. We maintain a firm commitment to creating awareness about key issues that are of critical importance to communities. We help our clients communicate effectively about things that matter.
Our offices are headquartered in San Diego with additional locations in Los Angeles and San Francisco, while serving clients nationwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including employee stock ownership and telework programs.
This position will support the development and implementation of communication, stakeholder outreach, and public involvement programs for environmental regulatory review and land use, community, and transportation planning processes. Clients may include local, regional, state, and federal agencies. Some travel will be required.
We’re looking for candidates that can serve as project managers and strategic counsel to our clients. Candidates should have experience managing projects from start to finish, including developing scopes of work and budgets. We are seeking individuals who can manage multiple clients, projects, and tasks at one time; produce high-quality client deliverables in a deadline-driven environment; display strong time management skills; effectively prioritize and delegate tasks; remain flexible when projects and priorities change; manage individuals and teams; and display strong presentation skills for new business presentations and conferences. Candidates should also have strong writing skills, including a command of AP style and English grammar, to communicate complex technical information in easy to understand ways.
Primary responsibilities for the position include developing communication and public involvement strategies specific to client needs; developing informational materials in various formats; planning community outreach events and public meetings; coordinating and facilitating client meetings, teleconferences, and webinars; developing scopes of work and budgets; and assisting with business development, including participating in networking events and professional organizations, and leading or supporting new business proposals. Familiarity with online outreach and social media is a plus. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher) is a must. Stakeholder facilitation training and/or experience is a plus, but not required.
Task responsibilities may include:
- Serving as project manager on assigned projects, to include providing strategic counsel to clients and managing project support staff and project deliverables, including responsibility for successful implementation of our scope of work and budget
- Developing and implementing communication and public involvement plans
- Managing project tasks, deadlines, budgets and delegation to support staff
- Writing and producing public-friendly informational materials, such as fact sheets, posters, videos, presentations, and notices, including coordinating graphic design and printing
- Planning community outreach events and meetings, and overseeing logistical support
- Researching and identifying stakeholders and overseeing the development of stakeholder databases
- Supporting or leading new business and proposal development, including preparing and delivering new business presentations and developing scopes of work and budgets
- Participating in professional development activities
- Serving as supervisor and/or mentor to junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum eight years solid work experience in public involvement and outreach, including project management experience
- A strong interest and familiarity in environmental regulatory review processes, large-scale infrastructure, urban planning, and local government
- Ability to travel, from day trips to several days in duration
Not required but preferred:
- Previous experience at a consulting firm
- Experience working on projects with government or utility clients (could be in-house or as a consultant)
- Supervisory experience
- Facilitation training or experience
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should indicate experience and interest in managing, developing, and implementing public involvement and outreach programs.