Lamphier-Gregory, Senior Planner
Lamphier-Gregory is looking to fill one full-time position at the Senior Planner level to meet our expanding work load. We are a small Oakland based consulting firm that has been offering services for over 35 years, primarily in the areas of environmental analysis, project management and urban planning. Our clients include cities, counties, LAFCOs, municipal utilities and private sector clients, principally in the San Francisco Bay Area and northern Central Valley communities.
Our firm specializes in providing professional services, working closely with our clients to give them special attention. Our office culture is very focused and dynamic but yet relaxed. We are a friendly bunch and have a lot of fun as well.
To learn more about our firm, visit our website at www.lamphier-gregory.com.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have an advanced degree in one of more of the following fields:
- City/regional planning
- Urban design/architecture
- Landscape architecture
- Natural resource management
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: We are seeking candidates that can demonstrate as many of the following additional qualities as possible:
- Five years professional experience in preferably private consulting practice or in the public sector writing EIR’s, Initial Studies and Negative Declarations as well as other forms of environmental documents in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines.
- Skills and experience in land planning and urban design
- Familiarity with California’s legal framework for planning and land use entitlements, including subdivisions and public participation.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be self-motivated and yet thrive as a team player in a collaborative working environment.
- Ability to manage projects and subconsultants, meet project deadlines within budget limits.
- Familiarity with the geographic and political landscape of the San Francisco Bay Area.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salaries depend on qualifications. We offer a full range of benefits, including medical insurance and a retirement plan.
E-mail cover letter, resume and references (in MS Word or PDF only) to Britt Hallquist, VP Business & Finance bhallquist@lamphier-gregory.