M-Group, Principal Planner
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 40 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoy working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified planners to serve clients in the South Bay, North Bay and East Bay. Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including policy planning, current planning, public counter and development review experience. The positions will be based in one of M-Group’s offices located in Campbell, Santa Rosa or Hayward.
Positions are available for full time (40 hours/week) or ¾ time (30 hours/week).
Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development approval projects, plan-checks, permit processing, counter work, report-writing, public presentations.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
Attendance at evening meetings as needed (Planning Commission / City Council).
Applicants must have/demonstrate:
A minimum of 7 years of planning experience, preferably at a municipal agency. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to work independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Strong writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Graphic design skills including Adobe Illustrator and InDesign are highly desirable
- AICP certification highly desirable.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive compensation varies by level of experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life
- 401K Profit Sharing & Defined Benefit Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.m-group.us/become-