Metropolitan Planning Group, Planning Manager
Location: Office in North Bay Area, California
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week))
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 55 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoys working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire a well-qualified Planning Manager to serve clients in the North Bay. Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including current planning and development review experience as well as supervisory and management experience. The position will be based in M-Group’s office located in Santa Rosa.
Responsibilities may include:
- Management role at a City planning department, including; the planning, organizing, coordinating and directing programs and activities of the department; providing expert professional assistance to City management staff on community development matters.
- Working closely with the City Manager, City Council, and other City departments, a variety of public and private organizations, and citizen groups in developing programs and implementing projects to solve problems related to the planning function. Advise the City Manager and City Council on related issues and programs.
- Represent the City and work closely with citizen boards and commissions and public and private officials to provide technical assistance, directly or through subordinate staff.
- Coordinate the preparation of a wide variety of reports or presentations for City management or outside agencies.
- Administer and supervise the department.
- Oversight to City Boards and Commissions. Attend evening meetings as needed (Planning Commission / City Council).
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, architecture, business, public administration or related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable; PLUS
A minimum of two years of management or supervisory experience city or regional planning activities including program planning, development and administration. Experience working with Citizen Organizations is highly desirable.
- Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development and implementation, and employee supervision.
- Principles, practices, and programs related to community and urban development.
- Applicable city, state, and federal laws, guidelines, and standards, affecting the administration of community development programs and projects.
- Funding sources impacting program and service development.
- Social, political, and environmental issues influencing program administration.
- Principles and practices of business computer user applications.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive compensation varies by level of experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life
- 401K Profit Sharing & Defined Benefit Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.m-group.us/become-