Safe Routes to School National Partnership, California Senior Policy Manager
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong knowledge of California state policy and active transportation technical assistance skills to join the National Partnership as our California Senior Policy Manager. We welcome applicants with a passion for advancing safe walking and bicycling to school and in daily life to increase physical activity levels and create livable, equitable, sustainable communities.
The California Senior Policy Manager will serve as the lead for the National Partnership’s state policy work in California and will also provide significant technical assistance to build capacity in low-income communities, including how to submit competitive applications for the Active Transportation Program (ATP). The overarching goal of this position’s work is to ensure that state funding and policies are supportive of Safe Routes to School and active transportation, and to help equip low-income communities to apply for funding and implement effective Safe Routes to School and active transportation initiatives.
We are particularly looking for individuals that have:
- The policy know-how to shape California state policy and funding on active transportation and Safe Routes to School, along with related issue areas like equity, land use, housing, education, climate, and health.
- Previous hands-on experience with California’s Active Transportation Program application process, either as a reviewer, grantwriter, consultant, or implementing a project.
- The skill-set necessary to provide technical assistance to help communities apply for and implement successful Safe Routes to School and active transportation projects.
- A high level of attention to detail and project management ability paired with excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in building consensus with coalitions with multiple viewpoints.
- Please review the job description for more details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. The salary range for this at-will position is $65,000 – $75,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer, telephone and internet access will be provided.
- Successful candidates will work from their home office, and must be based in California.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume and three writing samples in one PDF file to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Senior California Policy Manager.” We are not accepting email or telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2017 COB. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences. Women, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ candidates, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.