Tool Design Group, Senior Civil Engineer
CLOSING DATE: 04/01/2017
JOB_DESCRIPTION: At Toole Design Group (TDG), we love what we do. Our staff of over 100 professionals in 11 offices across the country are passionate about making communities better places to walk, bike, and live through world-class transportation planning, engineering, and urban design. We are leaders in creating multimodal transportation systems that shape our communities today and in the future.
We are a woman-owned business with one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the field. At TDG the pace is fast; the environment is collaborative and dynamic; and your colleagues are creative, committed, and smart. We continue to attract the most outstanding talent in the industry because of our reputation for doing excellent work, as well as providing a great working environment.
We are growing our team of talented and dedicated professionals. We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in our Berkeley, CA office – located within walking distance of the Downtown Berkeley BART Station.
- Manage all stages of project development including: presentations and client meetings, fieldwork, conducting engineering analyses, and preparation of construction documents and technical reports.
- Independently manage company projects
- Oversee the work of multidisciplinary project teams
- Serve as the “face” of the company at public meetings, meetings with clients, conferences and other venues
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong design skills with experience developing complete transportation construction documents
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to apply creativity and energy to innovative and unique projects nationwide
- Motivated, enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams, and a self-starter
- Licensed California P.E.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil engineering at least 12 years of experience
- P.T.O.E. is desirable
- Proficient in Computer Automated Design (AutoCAD or MicroStation) and design software (Civil 3D, GEOPAK or InRoads)
- A broad knowledge base in civil engineering (transportation focus)
- Specific knowledge of roadway geometric design
- Interest in multimodal and active transportation design
- Experience managing engineering projects in Colorado is desirable
Salary and Benefits:
Toole Design Group offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time positions. The salary for this position is dependent on qualifications. Our benefits package includes health insurance, life and disability insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan that is matched by the company. We offer an award winning alternative commuting package and provide incentives to employees who use transit, walk or bicycle to work; as well as an opportunity for travel and advancement.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click “Apply for this Job” below or visit our career page http://www.tooledesign.com/