Toole Design Group, Project Planner
At Toole Design Group, we love what we do. Our staff of over 100 professionals are passionate about making communities better places to walk, bike and live through world-class transportation planning, engineering and urban design. We are committed to innovation and excellence as we create multimodal transportation systems that shape our communities today and in the future.
We are a woman-owned business with one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the field. At TDG the pace is fast; the environment is collaborative and dynamic; and your colleagues are passionate, creative, and intelligent. We continue to attract the most outstanding talent in the industry because of our reputation for doing excellent work, as well as providing a great workplace for our staff. We are growing our team of talented and dedicated professionals, and we are looking for a Project Planner to work in our Berkeley, CA office.
- Managing multiple small to medium size/complexity projects and/or technical tasks simultaneously
- Developing budgets and approaches for complex projects
- Managing and leading community or stakeholder engagement efforts
- Developing content for proposals and participating in shortlist interviews
- Conducting proactive business development activities, including developing and nurturing client relationships and potential new projects
- Representing the company when communicating with clients or at conferences/meetings
- Preparing final deliverables
- Facilitating internal project team and client progress meetings
- Leading technical presentations of the firm’s work at conferences
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Uses discretion and makes decisions based on sound logic and good business judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to apply creativity and energy to innovative and unique projects nationwide
- Motivated, enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams, and a self-starter
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning or related field
- 5+ years of experience with a focus in project management
- AICP, certified trainer in a related area, LEED or other related credentials preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Toole Design Group offers competitive salaries and benefits for full-time positions. The salary for this position is dependent on qualifications. Our benefits package includes health insurance, life and disability insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan that is matched by the company. We offer an award winning alternative commuting package and provide incentives to employees who use transit, walk or bicycle to work; as well as an opportunity for travel and advancement.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click “Apply for this Job” below or visit our career page http://www.tooledesign.com/company/careers and select the corresponding position. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, please visit www.tooledesign.com.