The APA California Northern Section is pleased to announce the 2013-2014 Mentorship Program. We are seeking mentors who would like to play an inspiring role in the career of a young planner. Share your knowledge and talents with a new professional and help form a budding career. Professional planners of all experience levels and experience in all planning disciplines are encouraged to become mentors. Please download the mentor application(pdf file).
We are also seeking students and young professionals interested in being a mentee. The Mentorship Program is a great way to develop career goals and direction while expanding your network. Please download a mentee application (pdf file).
Please send your applications and any questions to Thalia Leng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the APA California Northern Section’s Mentorship Program is to foster professional development through an exchange of professional ideas, networking, and guidance between experienced planners and young planning professionals.
- The Mentorship Program will kickoff at a meet-and-greet on Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
- We request that participants commit to the program for one year.
- Participants have the option of corresponding via phone, email or in person but we recommend meeting at least once every two months for the duration of the program. Participants are encouraged to coordinate meetings according to their own schedules.
- Based on your responses to the mentor application, you and your mentee will be matched based on your common interests and career goals, schedule, and geographic constraints.
- Mentees will be planning or planning-related students or young professionals.
- Enrollment period for all participants: Ends Sept 30, 2013
- Mentor/Mentee Meet and Greet: October 30, 2013
- Program Kickoff: October 2013
- Program conclusion and final survey: June 2014
Site developed by Devin Dombrowski - Devin Dombrowski Designs