Kimley-Horn, Environmental PlannerView job details
CLOSING DATE: May 29, 2015
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team
JOB DESCRIPTION: Environmental Planner- San Jose, CA
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For in America,” Kimley-Horn, prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, entrepreneurial professionals. We are seeking an Environmental Planner/Project Manager to help expand our multi-disciplinary environmental planning & entitlement practice in California. The successful candidate will have experience in managing and preparing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents, including initial studies, environmental impact reports, negative and mitigated negative declarations, CE’s and exemptions. In addition, candidate should have experience with preparation of Specific Plans, Master Plans, and other such planning policy documents in support of a full range of infill and/or land development related projects. Based in downtown San Jose, this position will focus on market expansion within the Silicon Valley, and will support other offices, as needed, throughout California.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, City/Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or related degree.
• Minimum 8 – 10 years of environmental planning experience conducting environmental studies for local agencies and private entities.
• Experience as a Project Manager managing, preparing and processing Environmental planning and/or Entitlement-related projects.
• Experience managing a wide range of tasks related to environmental planning, land use planning, policy planning, and entitlement for both a variety of land development (commercial, residential, campus, institutional, energy), and mixed use and infill-related projects.
• Experience in the preparation of proposals, budgets, schedules, and public presentations.
• Thorough understanding of the CEQA process and as well as California Land Use and Planning Law.
• Knowledge and experience of the variety of resources and professional relationships available to facilitate and complete the CEQA process
• Experience with WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Prezi, Microsoft Project (or other scheduling software)
• AICP certified (desired but not required)
If you have a passion for excellence and are interested in a long-term career instead of a job, we want to hear from you! We offer excellent benefits including an incentive bonus program and a highly rewarding retirement and
profit sharing plan. Visit our website to learn more about us: www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team