Town of Moraga, Associate PlannerView job details
CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2014
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.moraga.ca.us/
JOB DESCRIPTION: Regular Full-Time Position
Salary Range: $5,724 – $6,957 / month
Final Filing Date: October 31, 2014, 3:00 p.m.
ABOUT THE TOWN
The Town of Moraga is a small general law city of about 16,000 residents in Contra Costa County. Home to Saint Mary’s College, the Town values its open space, quality residential neighborhoods, semi-rural character and excellent public schools. With a Council-Manager form of government, the Town has a small but dynamic staff that works closely across all departments to provide high quality services to its residents and businesses.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Town seeks to hire a professional to join a productive team consisting of a Planning Director, two Associate Planners, and an Administrative Assistant. The Associate Planner’s responsibilities include providing specific planning services to Town residents and on larger subdivision applications, with a focus on design review and land use permitting. The position also assists the Planning Director on long-range/advance planning projects that may include transportation planning, Municipal Code updates and policy development.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college; a minimum of three years of professional planning experience; and a valid California Driver’s License. Good design sense, public sector experience, customer service orientation, and solid writing skills will be essential for this position. California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), GIS, transportation planning, and long-range planning experience a plus.
The Town’s outstanding benefit package currently includes:
• CalPERS retirement plan 2% @ 55 for Classic members; 2% @ 62 for new members
• Fully paid medical and dental for employee and dependents
• Town paid life, short and long-term disability insurance
• 120-240 hours annual vacation based on years of service and 96 hours annual sick leave
• 80 hours annual Administrative Leave
• 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off
• Deferred Compensation Program
• The Town does not participate in Social Security
Submit Town Employment Application, résumé, responses to supplemental questions, and three (3) professional references to:
Stephanie Hom, Administrative Services Director
Town of Moraga, 329 Rheem Blvd., Moraga, CA 94556 or
In your responses, include specific examples and your specific role and responsibilities. Limit your responses to one page per question using Arial, 12 point font. Include at the top of each page your name, date and position for which you are applying, “ASSOCIATE PLANNER”.
1. Describe a project that reflects your experience implementing CEQA.
2. Describe your experience with design review.
3. Describe your experience with transportation planning.
Town Employment Application is available at www.moraga.ca.us/dept/adminsvc/jobs. AA/EOE