APA California Northern
2019 Planning Awards
Nomination packages are due by 5:00 pm, Wednesday February 20, 2019
Each of the following items must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com, using a compressed zip folder or a file share platform such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
What materials do I need to complete?
Please complete the APA California 2019 Awards Application Form (online).
(1) page summary description of the submission or in the case of an individual, a one page resume. If chosen as the award winner, portions or all of the summary description may be used for the video presentation at the Awards ceremony.
SUMMARY FOR VIDEO PRESENTATION (200 WORDS)
The summary description must not be over 200 words. If chosen for an award the summary description will be used for the APA Nor Cal Awards video voiceover. The summary must include:
- Name of Project
- Award Category
- Short Project History
- Main Participants
- Main Accomplishments
(1) to (2)-page explanation demonstrating how the submission specifically meets each criterion in the order listed under each award category.
PROJECT OR PLAN
A digital copy in PDF format of the project submitted for the application. Please also MAIL A HARD COPY TO:
- Florentina Craciun, AICP
300 Lakeside Drive, Suite 400
Oakland, CA 94612, USA
- Florentina Craciun, AICP
Email (5) high-resolution digital images (minimum 300 dpi) in JPEG format. No Powerpoint Presentations. The images should be representative of the nomination, as they will be used for the Awards Ceremony Video Presentation. Please include the cover page of a document and/or a representative graphic(s). Please also include a brief sentence identifying or describing each image. Leadership Award nominations need only to supply two to three images of the individual nominated.
Submissions received before the deadline not meeting the requirements may be returned and resubmitted before the deadline at the discretion of the Awards Co-Directors.
Submissions may be entered in only one awards category or subcategory.
Specific program, projects, reports, processes, and ordinances may only be nominated for a Northern California APA Section award once.
The Fine Print
- You may submit multiple project/plans or people/firms/agencies for different awards, but each project/plan/person/firm/agency may be entered in only one awards category or subcategory.
- Specific program, projects, reports, processes, and ordinances may only be nominated for an APA California Northern award once.
- Submissions lacking any submittal materials will be deemed incomplete, will not be considered, and will not be returned, however… submissions received before the deadline not meeting the requirements may be resubmitted before the deadline at the discretion of the APA California Northern Awards Co-Director.
- We cannot return any nomination materials. If you ultimately plan to submit a nomination to the Chapter (State) Awards Program, you are strongly advised to retain a copy of all information submitted to the APA California Northern Awards Program.
- Optional: Supplemental supporting materials, such as audio, video, or electronic presentation are optional and may be submitted at the discretion of the APA California Northern Awards Co-Director; however, the materials will not be distributed to the Jury unless six (6) sets are submitted. These materials should be succinct, given the limited time available for Jury deliberations.