Toole Design Group, Senior Planner
Are you fascinated by the choices people make when getting around their communities? Are you passionate about sustainability and the opportunity to work on challenging multimodal projects that make communities more livable? Would you enjoy working on a variety of projects with unique challenges and requirements? If so, we’re looking for someone like this to join our team as a Senior Planner in our Berkeley, CA office.
Why join Toole Design Group?
At Toole Design Group, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 130+ planning, design, and engineering professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country. In an industry that is constantly changing, you’ll be at the forefront of planning and designing real solutions.
As a Senior Planner in one of our fastest growing offices, you’ll be in a leadership position, mentoring others and leading exciting and challenging projects throughout the state. As California makes a historic investment in active transportation over the next decade, your work will have a lasting impact on communities across the Golden State. You’ll be at the table with clients and colleagues from a variety of disciplines; integrating input from a broad range of stakeholders to create award-winning plans that lead directly to implementation.
You’ll be great here if:
- You are passionate about making a positive difference in how people move
- You enjoy building strong relationships across disciplines, across offices and with our clients
- You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal or graphically
- You love building relationships and pursuing exciting projects
- You are detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- You enjoy managing projects and staff teams
- You deliver high-quality work on time and on-budget
- A master’s degree in transportation or urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, or related field
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and partners through any medium or situation
- At least 10 years of active transportation planning experience at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated success managing complex transportation projects, working with staff teams, consultants and subconsultants, and managing schedules and budgets
- The drive to identify and pursue business development opportunities for a growing office
- A willingness to develop new techniques, lead projects in new practice areas, or oversee the use of new tools
- The ability to facilitate training for other employees, clients, agency staff, and professional organizations
- Working knowledge of the Spanish language, GIS and Adobe Creative Suite are desirable
We’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to learn how we assess, plan and develop transportation policies, programs and networks for communities across California, and the rest of the country.
- Competitive salary and industry-best benefits.
- A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
- Exceptional opportunities for professional development through internal trainings, mentorship and professional associations.
About our Berkeley office:
Toole Design Group’s Berkeley office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Berkeley, one block from BART. Our brand new, industrial style co-working space offers a flexible, fun environment to work in. The office is easily accessed on foot, by bicycle, and via transit. Our Berkeley team is a dynamic mix of transportation planners and engineers, and our projects range from countywide plans to street transformations throughout California.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please visit our career page http://www.tooledesign.com/