- This event has passed.
ABAG Regional Housing Technical Assistance Program Training Series
March 23 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Using Data Effectively in Housing Element Updates – ABAG’s Housing Needs Data Packets and Accessing the US Census : –
The ABAG Regional Housing Technical Assistance Program is launching a 10-part training series for local planning and housing staff focused on Housing Element updates. Sessions will be held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 9-11 a.m., beginning on Tuesday, February 23 and running through August.
The training series identifies key Housing Element topics that local staff must start early in the process. Each training will be a live and interactive webinar, with geographically based break out groups and opportunities for questions and answers. Each session will be recorded and made available for subsequent streaming as part of a Resource Library on the Regional Housing Technical Assistance Program website.
Register for the first three webinars in the series:
• February 23, 2021: Housing Element 101 – Overview and New Laws + Tips
• March 9, 2021: Creating Capacity: An Overview of the Sites Inventory
• March 23, 2021: Using Data Effectively in Housing Element Updates – ABAG’s Housing Needs Data Packets and Accessing the US Census
Future sessions include:
• Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: The Nuts and Bolts with HCD
• How to Talk About Housing: Data-Driven Lessons on Housing Messages that Work and Those that Backfire
• New Elements: Safety and Environmental Justice – nuts and bolts technical breakdown
• Engage How To! Introduction to Online Meeting Tools
• How to do Integrated Planning: EJ and Safety Elements *Co-hosted with California Office of Planning and Research
• How to Work with Advocates
• Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: Getting Conversational
• HCD emerging topics – pro housing opportunities, and new legislation
• Tips for Certifiable Success – Advice from the Pros * Co-hosted with HCD
ABAG is also partnering with HCD on additional sessions including:
• Open office hours
• Two trainings over the summer for Planning Commissioners & Elected officials
• A special session on Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
All workshops in the series are eligible for American Planning Association Continuing Education Credits.