- This event has passed.
Getting Downtowns Moving with Convenient and Sustainable Access
November 6 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
APA Emerging Planners Group is partnering with TransForm to host a panel as part of the Connecting Communities series: Getting Downtowns Moving with Convenient and Sustainable Access.
Many downtowns in the Bay Area are facing some version of this challenge: Customers and workers, residents and visitors all need to be able to get downtown, and parking can be a barrier. In this session, experts will discuss a variety of strategies to improve downtown access that also help reduce congestion and improve the environment including:
- Managing parking
Providing transit access for low-income workers and small businesses
Improving access for cycling, walking, and micro-mobility
Building affordable homes downtown
- Billy Riggs, University of San Francisco
- Steve Raney, Palo Alto Transportation Management Association
- Carla Hansen, Parking Manager Walnut Creek (parterships with ParkSmart/Smarking)
- Christian Hammack, City of Redwood City (invited)
- Karen Camacho, Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County
RSVP today: http://org.salsalabs.com/o/741/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=105225
This event is part of the TransForm Connecting Communities Series, and is cosponsored by Friends of Caltrain, Menlo Together, the Menlo Park Compete Streets Commission, Redwood City Forward, and American Planning Association Transportation Planning Division