Webinar Series: Aging Malls & Office Parks Transformation
September 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
One event on September 29, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on October 14, 2022 at 1:00 pm
One event on November 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm
One event on November 9, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on November 30, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This webinar series is designed for Bay Area planning, housing and economic development staff interested in learning about the challenges and opportunities involved in transforming aging malls and office parks into neighborhoods that are affordable to households across the income spectrum.
The webinar series, the Aging Malls & Office Parks Transformation Work Group, is being conducted by staff from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission and the Association of Bay Area Governments. It includes six workshops focused on planning, housing and implementation. Each session includes practical takeaway information, resources and tools that local staff can readily integrate into their work.
Materials and recordings will be available after each session. View the Transforming Aging Malls and Office Parks Work Group Curriculum.
- Workshop 1 (September 14, 12-1:30 p.m.): What Are We Trying to Achieve with Aging Malls/Office Parks Transformation?
- Workshop 2 (September 29, 12-1:30 p.m.): Incorporating New Housing into Malls and Office Parks Redevelopment
- Workshop 3 (October 14, 1-2:30 p.m.): Implementation Roadmap for Malls/Office Parks Redevelopment
- Workshop 4 (November 2, 12-1:30 p.m.): Developing a Responsive Design Framework and an Efficient and Transparent Planning Process
- Workshop 5 (November 9, 2-3:30 p.m.): Economic Modeling for Redevelopment Feasibility
- Workshop 6 (November 30, 12-1:30 p.m.): Affordable Housing in Malls and Office Parks: Tradeoffs and Financing Strategies