(WEDG®) Waterfront Edge Design Guidelines training
January 20 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
WEDG is a national rating system and set of guidelines to create resilient, ecological, and accessible waterfronts. (Think LEED but for the waterfront). EDG projects include everything from industrial facilities in the Bronx and mixed-use developments in Brooklyn to public park space in North Carolina.
The WEDG Professionals course deepens participants’ knowledge and leadership in design excellence for coastal risk reduction, climate-smart investments, resilient infrastructure, and equity through design. It will prepare them to respond to climate challenges and provide leadership to shape coastlines for generations to come. The course features case studies from WEDG-verified projects and expert speakers and panelists, as well as an overview of how WEDG is increasingly being recommended or codified in climate design guidelines.
More than 300 multidisciplinary professionals are certified nationally through this training. Those disciplines include:
• Architecture, landscape architecture, engineering and urban planning professionals who work in project design
• Real estate developers and waterfront property owners who want to protect their assets and increase property values over the long-term
• Climate and risk experts in insurance, ESG, and financial industries who are interested in long-term green investments and reducing portfolio risk
• City and state agency representatives who work in permitting, asset management, and development codes management, and development codes
• Community advocates who want their communities to be protected from sea-level rise and storm surge, while creating new public spaces.
The course is scheduled on January 20th from 1pm to 4:30pm and January 21st from 9am to 12:30pm.
Participants who complete the full virtual course and achieve 70% or higher on a multiple-choice exam following the course will be awarded the WEDG Associate credential. The course is a prerequisite for the exam, and the exam’s content is built on the WEDG Manual. The Waterfront Alliance anticipates CEUs for APA, ASLA, and AIA. Discounts are available for participants from nonprofits, government officials, students, and groups of three or more from any company or organization.