PLANNING PRODUCTS COORDINATOR
Will consider Transportation Planner or Associate Transportation Planner
The incumbent develops and contributes to planning products, may act as a regional planning liaison, may represent the Department in public meetings, and will communicate in written and verbal form with other units within Caltrans, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Act as a Regional Planning Liaison and attend and report on monthly Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA) Technical Advisory Committee meetings.
- Research and apply laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to transportation planning and other transportation programs.
- Analysis and monitoring of the yearly Overall Work Program (OWP) and compile comments from District 1 and Headquarters staff for submittal to RTPA.
- Review and comment on regional planning documents, including but not limited to, Regional Transportation Plans (RTP), Regional Transportation Improvement Programs (RTIP), and active transportation plans.
- Prepare and update planning products, including multi-modal, non-motorized, and transit activities.
- Sustainable Transportation Planning grant program management.
- Monitor projects funded by the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) and the State Highway Operations and Protection Program (SHOPP).
- Perform oral presentations of planning products, present data and concepts at meetings with the public, staff, and technical advisory committees. Describe and interpret technical data to inform the public, local agencies, stakeholders and other Caltrans employees.
- Perform intergovernmental and local development project reviews.
- Assist with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects and perform spatial analysis of transportation systems.
Available examinations can be viewed here: https://jobs.ca.gov
For more information about District 1, view here: https://youtu.be/KL60isfvi1s
Caltrans Mission: Provide a safe and reliable transportation network that serves all people and respects the environment.
Caltrans Vision: A brighter future for all through a world-class transportation network.
Final Filing Date: 10/27/2021