The City of Oakley is hiring a full-time Planning Technician to assist with a wide variety of functions including technical planning work, code compliance, and administrative support functions. Under direction from supervisory staff, the incumbent would assist the public on matters related to planning, zoning, and code regulations. This position will also work with the Economic Development and Code Enforcement Divisions by providing administrative support.
- Advise and assist the public, including developers, property owners, and city departments with routine matters related to zoning regulations and permit procedures.
- Review architectural plans for compliance with zoning regulations.
- Review and process variance, conditional use permits, home occupation permits, and other applications submitted for zoning approval.
- Update and prepare maps, charts, graphics, and computer files to reflect changes in the General Plan, zoning regulations, and application statuses.
- Maintain map books, history files, and other reference materials.
- Collect, document, and interpret data pertaining to physical, social, and economic characteristics of the City.
- Complete assigned fieldwork, including site reviews for current applications or review of approved development sites to ensure compliance with conditions of approval.
- Perform routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying, and answering the telephone.
- Respond to questions and concerns from the general public; provide information as is appropriate and resolve service complaints.
- Perform related duties as required.
The hourly rate of pay is $27.55 to $33.99. Placement within the range will be based upon the selected candidate’s experience. In addition to the salary, the City offers an excellent benefits package which is listed on the position pamphlet found on the City website.
Applications will be screened and those applicants possessing the MOST DESIRABLE minimum qualifications will be notified to participate in the interview process. All applicants will be notified via email or telephone whether or not they are invited to participate further in the selection process. Selected candidate must successfully complete a background and reference check. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, medical condition (as defined by State law), marital status or political affiliation. In accordance with applicable Federal and State laws, the City will attempt to accommodate reasonably qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the City. Any qualified applicant with a physical or mental disability who requires an accommodation in the testing and/or selection process should contact the Human Resources Division and request an accommodation at least 3 business days prior to the interview.
The required City of Oakley employment application is available at City Hall located at 3231 Main Street, Oakley or by visiting our website at www.ci.oakley.ca.us. Applications are due on March 29, 2019 before 5:00 p.m. Faxes and postmarks will NOT be accepted.