URGENT: Closes Tuesday Feb 9th https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/saccity/jobs/2961738/administrative-analyst?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
City of Sacramento, Office of Innovation and Economic Development
Economic Development/Community Relations Specialist Job Description
Who We Are
City of Sacramento, Office of Innovation and Economic Development is committed to growing a strong, inclusive, and vibrant economy. The Office of Innovation & Economic Development encourages job growth and investment in the City of Sacramento by retaining, attracting, growing, and scaling new and innovative businesses.
As an advocate and resource, the Office of Innovation & Economic Development assists in creating the conditions that make it easy to do business in Sacramento by:
- Resource and incentive programs
- Site selection
- Project assistance and financing options
- Promoting the City and region as a desirable business location
- Creating opportunities for international trade and investment
City of Sacramento is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or status as a veteran.
Position and Job Description
Economic Development/Community Relations Specialist
City of Sacramento, Office of Innovation and Economic Development is seeking a highly motivated Economic Development/Community Relations Specialist to help us build an inclusive economy that works for all. The desired candidate will have a passion for the City of Sacramento residents, businesses and the prosperity and well-being of all residents while thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position will report to the Community Engagement Manager and will support various departments internally, including the council offices as well as work closely externally with residents, businesses and community-based organizations.
Some activities the Economic Development/Community Relations Specialist will support include:
- Scheduling and coordination community meetings, workshops and events
- Administrative tasks, such as invoice processing and contract management
- Project planning, implementation and support
- Connecting and communication with community partners
- Attending Neighborhood Associations meetings, festivals, and community meetings
- Updating E-Newsletter and social media platform
- Assistance with research initiatives ·
- Assisting with coordinating outreach and engagement efforts for appropriate City departments
- Manages contracts and invoices between the City and vendors used for engagement activities
- Create flyers and PowerPoint presentations
- Assist Economic Development Program Managers with business retention services.
- Responds to residents and business inquiries via salesforce, phone, email or text.
The ideal candidate is committed to ensuring Sacramento’s neighborhoods and commercial districts reflect a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive economy and will have prior experience in the above activities as well as possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Be a people-person and comfortable engaging with diverse groups, minority residents and business owners
- Excellent communication skills; a strong writer
- Knowledge of the City of Sacramento, residents, and historic challenges
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Critical thinker
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable working with a variety of software programs including Microsoft Word, Survey Monkey, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with additional software and tools preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
The Economic Development/Community Relations Specialist is a full-time, non-exempt position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, however, may flex on occasion due to evening meetings or community events held in evenings and weekends. Telework is available, during COVID.
- Starting salary of $72,586.24 – $95,243.20, based on experience
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, and retirement plan
- Technology stipend of $50 per month
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
- Fun and flexible work environment
Community Engagement Manager
Office of Innovation and Economic Development
City of Sacramento
916-808-1955 office number