COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, COUNTY OF LAKE, CALIFORNIA
Salary: $102,672 – $124,776 DOE/DOQ
Lake County…a land for all seasons.
The County of Lake, California seeks a dynamic and knowledgeable Community Development Director to lead the Community Development Department overseeing the County’s planning, building inspection, code enforcement, and land use functions for the community. This position is an official appointee of the County’s Board of Supervisors and is part of the County’s leadership team, representing the County and providing technical guidance and recommendations to staff, executives and elected leaders, developers, and community members. The ideal candidate should bring several years of experience in managing complex technical, long-range and current planning expertise and knowledge of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the inclusive and engaged planning culture that exists in the State of California. This candidate will have an ability to understand current planning and process details, and the nuances of meeting the community and developers’ needs, and interpret local, state, and federal building and zoning codes, regulations, and laws to make effective decisions. These winning technical strengths combined with the ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate emotional intelligence and political savvy, and a desire to improve the customer service experience will ensure efficient management of the day-to-day department and staff needs, and plan and achieve Council’s goals.
THE JOB & IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic leader who can guide a vision for the County and see challenges as opportunities for improvement. This candidate will bring planning experience and expertise, and possess a solid understanding of CEQA, NEPA, rural planning, and municipal code. A candidate with experience in cannabis permitting and regulations is greatly desired. This candidate will have an ability to understand current planning and process details, and the nuances of meeting the community and developers’ needs, and effectively interpret local, state, and federal building and zoning codes, regulations, and laws to make effective decisions. These winning technical strengths combined with the ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate emotional intelligence and political savvy, and a desire to improve the customer service experience, is what Lake County needs. The incoming Director will ensure efficient management of the day-to-day department and staff needs, and plan and achieve Board’s goals. They will continue to advance an inclusive and collaborative department culture that builds trust with our community, inspires creative thinking, and engagement and make planning decisions that are fair, educated, and well informed.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major coursework in planning or a closely related field; and
• Five (5) years of full-time progressively responsible professional experience in planning, land use, and/or environmental management work, including at least three (3) years full-time experience in a supervisory or management position.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California Driver’s License.
• Additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted.
TO SEE THE FULL RECRUITMENT BROCHURE, VISIT: https://indd.adobe.com/view/1f547dce-c158-45b0-a838-aba71d4d9ac8
HOW TO APPLY: For first consideration please apply by July 7th.
To apply, please complete an application at: https://apptrkr.com/2298949
• Questions? Call Sam Sackman at 541-630-0657, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Timeline: Mark your calendar for these Important Dates:
• August 2nd, 3rd, and 5th – all candidates will need to be available for all three days as these are our 1st, 2nd and 3rd interview dates (not all candidates will advance to consecutive dates, but we want to ensure you calendar is free if you do advance). Interviews will be conducted virtually.
The County of Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.