- Conduct planning studies and analyses
- Review and act as Project Manager to process land use development applications of all types
- May serve as Environmental Coordinator administering the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other technical environmental programs
- May serve as Project Leader and subject area specialist in Policy, Development Review and Environmental Administration
- May serve to review and recommend policy changes, resolve complex problems, review and analyze State laws and regulations and develop operating procedures in the Cannabis Licensing Office
Live, Work & Play in Beautiful Santa Cruz County!
We’re seeking multi-talented Planner professionals to join our Santa Cruz team.
Planner II, Journey Level: $6,037 – 7,642 / Month
Planner III, Senior/Advanced Journey Level: $6,654 – 8,424 / Month
Planner IV, Subject Area Expert: $7,720 – 9,765 / Month
You Come With:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of public planning
- An understanding of statistical research methods as applied to the collection and tabulation of data affecting public planning
- The principles and techniques of gathering and analyzing data
- Basic statistical methods and procedures used in planning studies
- Long range and regulatory planning practices
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to planning, zoning and environmental protection
- Various robust benefit plans with the County contributing generously toward the total cost of the plans
- CalPERS retirement and Social Security
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave pay
- The opportunity to work, live and play in beautiful Santa Cruz!
County of Santa Cruz Personnel Mission Statement: In collaboration with our customers, we will recruit, develop, support, and retain an ethical, professional, and diverse workforce dedicated to serving the community.
To learn more about these exciting opportunities, please go to: www.santacruzcountyjobs.com