Solano is well recognized for quality of life and affordable California living. Solano County seeks a Planning Manager who will direct the County’s current and long-range planning services and bring a depth of experience in permitting, land use planning, public planning and related policies and procedures, including NEPA, CEQA and environmental laws, codes and practices. This position will report to the Director of Resource Management, oversee a staff of eight and an approximate budget of $3 million.
For more information please see the complete recruitment brochure on our job board: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board/
The Position and Ideal Candidate
The Planning Manager oversees the activities of the Planning Services Division, reports to the Director of Resource Management, and serves as a member of the County’s management team. This position manages the long-range, current planning, and general plan, and oversees a staff of eight and an approximate operational budget of $3 million. This position acts as the primary staff representative to the Planning Commission, and prepares policy statements on sensitive issues for consideration by the Director, Commission, and the Board of Supervisors. The ideal candidate should have a background in land use planning, public planning and related policies and procedures, including NEPA, CEQA and environmental laws, codes and practices; experience with general plan and plan elements (zoning, subdivision and environmental regulations); public administration experience including budgets, program planning, evaluation, and the public hearing processes.
Background and Education:
- Several years of public planning experience including extensive public contracts associated with current planning, zoning and development activities and long-range policy development.
- A bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university in urban planning or related field; a master’s degree in planning may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Possession of or ability or obtain a valid California Class C driver license is required.
- AICP certification ideal.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $120,501 – 146,469 DOE/DOQ (plus a 7% wage increase over the next two years). In addition to the base salary, the County offers and excellent benefits package, see the link above for more details.
HOW TO APPLY: This position is open until filled, apply by December 16th for first consideration.
Apply At: http://wbcpinc.com/job-board
- Questions: Call 541-664-0376 or 866-929-WBCP (9227) or
- email Wendi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date: Interviews will take place on January 9th and 10th, 2020 (selected candidates will need to be available for both days)