Become Permit Sonoma’s Intake Supervisor! Starting salary up to $46.11/hour ($96,237/year) plus a cash allowance of $600/month.* Now hiring a highly skilled customer service leader, with multiple years of building permitting and department operations experience.
Overseeing a staff of 11, the Permit Intake Supervisor works closely with Permit Sonoma’s clients and the departmental staff involved in the permit application process. This position supervises staff and collaborates with all represented disciplines within the department in order to comply with file retention guidelines, provide quality permit submittal intake, and meet customer service needs. Daily responsibilities also include gathering information and supporting multi-jurisdictional coordination, pre-application meetings, technical review of plans and documents, and online and walk-in application requests.
To successfully oversee the permitting process, the Permit Intake Supervisor must use their knowledge of a broad base of code requirements, department policies, and general customer service techniques. The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Multiple years of experience applying California Building, Housing, Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical codes and/or related State and County codes, ordinances, and laws in the construction or land development industry
- The proven ability to effectively apply problem solving techniques
- A drive to engage others to work together towards a common goal
- An aptitude for successfully working in and enjoying a fast paced work environment
- The ability to effectively train and mentor coworkers on the proper application and use of applicable policies, procedures, and software
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and systems unique to Permit Sonoma, such as Accela Citizen Access
What We Offer
The County of Sonoma offers a competitive total compensation package, including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $650 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply Now!