Permit Technician I – Extra-Help | $25.59 – $31.10/Hourly | Join Permit Sonoma as a Permit Technician I – Extra-Help.
Multiple positions available! Starting salary up to $31.10/hour* depending upon experience.
While working in the lobby, by phone, on video appointments, and via the website and email portals, Permit Sonoma Technicians respond to various questions regarding the department’s wide variety of functions and services. As a Permit Technician, you will learn how to properly utilize a broad base of code requirements and department policies in order to effectively intake and process an assortment of construction development applications. Additionally, you will:
- Assist the public with filling out, completing, and uploading online application materials for various types of development permits
- Electronically read and review construction plans for accuracy, as well as other documents related to building grading, and well and septic applications
- Input application information into Permit Sonoma’s automated tracking system and calculate permit fees
- Research files and permit history for department staff and the public
- Use multiple computer programs and mapping resources to assist in permit issuance
Permit Sonoma is currently seeking multiple candidates with prior permitting related experience, proven customer service skills, and:
- The ability to engage diverse groups of people and audiences in order to effectively serve the public
- The aptitude and patience for collaborating with a wide variety of clients, virtually and in-person
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- A talent for working in a technology-driven environment
Extra-help employees relieve or augment permanent staff. Temporary, extra-help employees are not in the classified civil service and do not have property rights to permanently allocated positions. In addition, they do not receive most employee benefits such as: long-term disability insurance coverage; accrual of vacation; participation in the County retirement program; or eligibility to take promotional examinations. Temporary, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of one calendar year. These employees must be off of work for three months before they can be re-employed on an extra help basis. Extra-help employees who meet the eligibility requirements may qualify for a County contribution toward medical coverage.
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now