CSG Consultants is an employee-owned civil engineering consulting firm working exclusively with public agencies to deliver successful solutions for safe, vibrant and sustainable communities. CSG is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and operates offices throughout California. We are seeking a highly qualified Assistant Plan Check Engineer to join our team in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Assistant Plan Check Engineer position is responsible for the technical review of construction documents related to an array of buildings and other structures. Reviews drawings, calculations, soils reports and other documents for conformance with the requirements of the California Building Standards Codes. Uses engineering judgment to assess the adequacy of a design to address life-safety and other aspects of the code. Communicates orally and in writing to clients, applicants and other staff. Typically reports to Senior Engineer or Structural Engineer. To apply for this position, please go to https://www.csgengr.com/job/assistant-plan-check-engineer-3/
Comprehensive benefits package including: 401(k) plus company match, 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, LTD, voluntary life insurance, and casual work environment.
- Understanding of California Building Standards Codes and Referenced Standards.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, construction diagrams, plans, blueprints and specifications and evaluate them for compliance with governing codes and standards.
- Exhibit sound judgment reading and interpreting code requirements.
- Prepare effective oral and written reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Possession of certification as an Engineer-in Training (EIT) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering as applied to building design and construction.
- ICC Certified Plans Examiner (required within the first year of employment).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat/Bluebeam).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communicator and deals effectively with everyone regardless of level of technical expertise.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class “C” California driver’s license is required.
- Occasionally be able to drive to job sites and be able to walk in and through job sites for extended periods (job sites under construction may be muddy or dusty with steep or uneven terrain).
- Able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 35 lbs. (about 3 times a day).
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Work with detailed, finely printed documents (50% of the workday).