CSG Consultants is an employee-owned civil engineering consulting firm working exclusively with public agencies to deliver successful solutions for safe, vibrant and sustainable communities. CSG is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and operates offices throughout California. We are seeking a highly qualified Associate Plan Check Engineer to join our team in Foster City.
The Associate Planner is the journey level classification in the professional Planner series. An incumbent in this classification is responsible for performing, with regular supervision, routine to complex planning duties in the administration of land use regulations, General Plan, environmental review, and design review. Depending on area of expertise, an Associate Planner may be primarily assigned to one or more of the following specialties: current planning, advanced or long-range planning, architectural review, transportation planning, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping. The Associate Planner works under the supervision of a Senior Planner or Principal Planner and performs difficult and specialized planning assignments. This class is distinguished from the Assistant Planner class which handles the less complex assignments. To apply for this position, please go to https://www.csgengr.com/job/associate-plan-check-engineer-2/ . This is a full-time position with benefits.
Comprehensive benefits package including: 401(k) plus company match, 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, LTD, voluntary life insurance, and casual work environment.
- Strong understanding of California Building Standards Codes and Referenced Standards.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, construction diagrams, plans, blueprints and specifications and evaluate them for compliance with governing codes and standards.
- Exhibit sound judgment in providing expert code interpretation.
- Ability to suggest alternate forms of compliance with codes and ordinances.
- Prepare and present effective oral and written reports.
- Represent the department at internal and external meetings.
- Function independently as an expert in matters of specialized code, rules, and policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 3+ years reviewing plans for conformance to model codes.
- Possession of certification as an Engineer-in Training is required.
- Current PE California License is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- ICC Certified Plans Examiner.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communicator and deals effectively with everyone regardless of level of technical expertise.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class “C” California driver’s license is required.
- Able to drive to job sites and be able to walk in and through job sites for extended periods.
- Able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Work with detailed, finely printed documents.