DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
In response to COVID-19, DAHLIN follows all COVID-19 mandates, including health screenings, vaccinations and masking indoors.
Start your career in a rewarding, creative atmosphere with our award-winning teams! We are currently seeking an entry-level PLANNER in our PLEASANTON, CA office!
Under the general supervision of a senior project team member, an individual in this position develops design or technical solutions within a professional planning team, and is also responsible for assistance to other project teams as directed:
- Assists in the review of small projects or selected segments of a larger project
- Conducts field evaluations and assessments
- Conducts research for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations
- Assists in design layouts which require researching, compiling, drafting, and creation of graphic packages for assigned projects
- May assist in the evaluation of re-zonings, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year planning/architecture school
- Demonstrated skills and talent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Photoshop, and preparation of presentation materials
- 3-5 years’ experience in Architectural Planning and/or Urban Design preferred
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to their own professional growth as designer, architect, or planner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We’ll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.