The Town of Portola Valley is seeking a team-oriented and enthusiastic individual to join the Planning and Building Department. This is a great opportunity for someone starting their career in planning and building or for a more seasoned professional. The successful Development Review Technician will have the opportunity to get to know both planning and building processes, interface directly with the public, and review smaller scale development applications
Development Review Technician I: $65,000 – $74,500 annually
Development Review Technician II: $71,092 – $85,185 annually
Application deadline: June 24, 2022
The Development Review Technician I is an entry level class and may have little to no directly related work experience and will work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks. The Development Review Technician II is the journey level in the series. Appointment to Development Review Technician I or II will be made at the appropriate level in consideration of application materials and interviews.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Strong communication skills – the ability to communicate in a confident, effective, and courteous manner
- Sense of humor, friendly and approachable
- Detail oriented but also able to see the big picture
Please review the complete job descriptions for Development Review Technician I/II. Representative duties include:
- Provide customer service at the front counter, by phone, email, virtual meeting, and other communications methods
- Perform preliminary review of permit applications, review application materials with applicant to ensure comprehensive and accurate documents, identify any document gaps and provide information to the customer on what is needed to complete the application.
- Calculate, receive and process fees for permits and other payments as required.
Salary- Within this range depending on qualifications:
Development Review Technician I – $65,000 – $74,500 annually
Development Review Technician II – $71,092 – $85,185 annually
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and response to the Supplemental Questions below to email@example.com. Please include “Development Review Technician” in the Subject field. The deadline to apply is June 24, 2022.
- What level position are you applying for- Development Technician I or II?
- Describe what quality customer service means to you. What are the three qualities of excellent customer service?
- What is your experience working as an intern, permit technician or other relevant experience?