We are seeking a mid-level environmental planner/analyst to assist with the preparation of the full range of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents and associated work products. The individual chosen for this position will work collaboratively with Dudek’s environmental team throughout northern California (with offices in Sacramento, Auburn, Oakland, and Santa Cruz) on a wide variety of projects including infill development, institutional, medical, commercial, water/wastewater, renewable energy, transportation, residential and mixed-use projects. This position offers opportunities for advancement and career development.
This full-time position can be based in one of our four northern California offices (Auburn, Oakland, Sacramento, or Santa Cruz).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of CEQA documentation, including Categorical Exemptions, Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations, and Environment Impact Report sections.
- Tasks include occasional site visits, research, data collection, and technical writing.
- Project management support including development and tracking schedules, and coordination with technical staff.
- Assist in supporting preparation of proposals.
- Attend project and public meetings and assist in conducting various other hearings, including preparing meeting materials and compiling meeting results, including PowerPoint presentations, and other materials.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in environmental planning, community planning, environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, environmental planning, or a related field.
- Knowledge of CEQA fundamentals.
- Ability and interest to travel regionally for business and a valid driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree and any advanced certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of NEPA fundamentals and environmental permitting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment on multiple deliverables.
- Self-motivated with an interest to learn and grow as part of a project team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Adobe Portable Document Format application programs.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon. As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.