Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that serves public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. We provide a wide range of services throughout the United States including environmental impact assessment, permitting, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, biological and cultural resources, and other technical services, focusing on California’s unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive and collegial team members with professional and financial benefits. Our trust-based culture is designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity internally and with our surrounding communities and clients.
The individual chosen for this position will work collaboratively with Dudek’s environmental team in northern and southern California on a wide variety of projects including higher education, water/wastewater, energy, infill development, transportation, residential, and mixed-use projects. This position will be based in our Oakland, CA office.
We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented environmental planning professionals interested in joining our CEQA/NEPA Team. This project manager or senior project manager position will:
- Perform research, strategic consultation and preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents for complex public and private land development projects
- Interact with various members of public agency and private client staff on matters related to land use planning, project description development, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and land development/entitlements
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction to our public and private clients
- Foster client connections through existing San Francisco Bay Area and/or Monterey Bay Area client relationships and proactive business development in the candidate’s areas of strength and interest, working with others to anticipate and pursue work
- Enhance Dudek’s professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing Dudek in a professional manner
- Work closely with other Dudek Project Managers to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your supervisor(s)
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/planning or policy, urban planning, or similar from an accredited four-year college.
- 8 years of professional work experience in environmental impact assessment including demonstrated success in CEQA and/or NEPA document preparation
- Project management experience overseeing contracts, budgets, schedules and technical staff or subconsultants in the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents is required
- Ability to travel regionally for business, reliable transportation, and a valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication, organization, writing, and presentation skills are required
- Ideal candidates should have 10-15 years of such profession work experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Other complimentary experience, such as land use planning, land development/ entitlements, regulatory permitting, or urban design is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.