The Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for one position as an Environmental Review Analyst in our Environmental Division.
Under direction, this position performs professional planning review activities related to various environmental regulatory requirements; prepares required environmental impact documents, including the analysis of environmental impacts to District projects; and ensure compliance with local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies regarding environmental review of projects.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES: the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
- Reviews District projects to determine potential environmental impacts and applicability to State and Federal environmental laws and permit requirements; prepares initial studies to determine appropriateness of negative declaration or environmental impact report preparation.
- Composes public notices related to environmental document review period and public meetings; plans, prepares, and conducts meetings to receive public comment related to environmental report findings and conclusions.
- Prepares negative declarations and environmental impact reports/statements for District projects.
- Reviews and assesses reports completed by environmental consultants and confers with legal counsel as needed; performs environmental analysis, alternative analysis, and mitigation development.
- Oversees and reviews work of environmental consultants that perform specific project work assignments including preparation of environmental documents.
- Prepares requests for proposals and related specifications for consultants to perform various environmental review tasks; facilitates compilation of final work products from such consultants.
- Prepares mitigation monitoring plans for District projects and oversees implementation of mitigation measures; conducts environmental assessments of properties to identify potential contamination; provides recommendations.
- Coordinates with District departments and divisions to obtain information for environmental reports and design of projects to minimize environmental impacts.
- Prepares and makes presentations to the District Board of Directors, the public, developers, and other interested parties regarding the environmental impact of proposed District projects.
- Reviews environmental documents from other agencies to determine impact on District facilities and provides information to agencies preparing environmental documents that may occur within District jurisdictions.
- May plan, prioritize, and review the work of staff, develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments, provide and coordinate staff training, and work with employees to correct deficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Knowledge of: Natural and physical sciences and ecological relationships. Principles and practices of environmental analysis and related land use planning. Pertinent local, State and Federal rules, regulations and laws related to environmental review including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Preparation and presentation of public information presentations and meetings. Research methods and procedures.
Experience: Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be with three years of responsible environmental planning experience.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in environmental studies, natural resources planning, biological sciences or a related field.
License and Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license at the time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
APPLY: A District application must be completed by clicking here: ON-LINE CAREER CENTER