We are seeking an experienced and professional environmental planner to assist with the preparation of the full range of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)/National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents and permit applications. The individual chosen for this position will work collaboratively with Dudek’s environmental team in northern and southern California on a wide variety of projects including higher education, water/wastewater, energy, infill development, transportation, residential, and mixed-use projects. This position could potentially be more senior level, depending on the qualifications of potential candidates.
This position will be based in our Oakland or Santa Cruz, CA office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of CEQA documentation, including Categorical Exemptions, Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations, and Environment Impact Report sections
- Preparation of NEPA documentation, including Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Findings of No Significant Impacts, and Environment Impact Statement sections
- Tasks include occasional site visits, research, data collection, and technical writing
- Project management or project management support, depending on experience, including client coordination, business development, oversight or tracking of project budgets and schedules, coordination with technical staff, assisting with marketing and proposals, and other project management activities or assistance
- Other duties as assigned
Educations and Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, environmental planning, or a related field
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of professional working experience preparing CEQA and/or NEPA documents
- Working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Ability to travel regionally for business; reliable transportation, and a valid driver’s license
We provide a diversified mix of professional environmental planning, scientific, engineering, and construction support services to help clients plan, design, permit, and build projects related to developing infrastructure and managing natural resources. We are an employee-owned firm founded in 1980 with approximately 400 employees. Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits.
We are based in Encinitas and we have 10 offices throughout California, and offices in Portland and Honolulu. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit https://dudek.com/join-our-team/open-positions/ to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.