GHD is looking for Environmental Planners to work in one of our offices statewide, including Northern California (Santa Rosa, Roseville, Sacramento, San Francisco, Concord, Eureka) and Southern California (Irvine, San Diego, San Luis Obispo)! Both experienced planners and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and/or contribute to environmental impact analyses in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a range of projects including transportation, water, energy, and land use development
- Coordinate and prepare State and federal resource agency permit applications
- Collect, interpret, and organize a variety of data in multiple formats
- Conduct research and coordinate with public and private clients, internal and external engineering partners, technical sub consultants, and regulatory/resource agencies
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting project directors, project managers, and deputy project managers based on the size and complexity of the project.
- BA/BS or higher, in environmental sciences, urban planning, geography, public administration, or a closely related field
- 0-3 years of experience providing most or all duties and responsibilities noted above. For applicants with work experience, project work involving environmental documents for federal agencies, Caltrans, and/or city/county general/specific plans is attractive
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification is a plus, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, team player, and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Commitment to producing quality work within budgets and schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Office Suite software, and internet research applications.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.