Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking an Intermediate Planner (3 to 5 years of experience) to join our Berkeley office. The ideal candidate should be an independent self‐starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multitask and remain organized and focused within the fast‐paced demands of consulting. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including policy writing, physical planning, GIS and technical analysis, graphic design, urban design, community engagement, proposal writing, and business development. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in spoken and/or written Spanish is desired, but not required. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) by April 18 to email@example.com. Interviews will begin the week of April 22.
• Writing, research, and policy development for planning documents, such as General Plans, Specific Plans, community plans, and/or zoning codes
• Data analysis; GIS analysis and map‐making
• Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media
• Graphic design; updating project web sites
• Writing and organizing proposals and other business development activities
• Project management (may vary depending on level of experience)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design or closely related field
• Minimum of 3‐5 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California
• Experience working on a variety of planning projects including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, and other planning documents
• Experience working on public engagement programs in diverse communities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, mapping, and design
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design, document layout, and diagram development
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company‐sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
Full‐time, salaried position. Open until filled.