Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline
- Biology and environmental consulting experience
- Extensive experience leading teams of field scientists
- Experience leading environmental impact evaluation (CEQA and NEPA), siting reports, and environmental permit applications, including field surveys and reporting, resource and impact evaluations, and Section 7 Endangered Species Act Consultation
- Experience with environmental permitting of projects including: US Army Corps of Engineers Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 wetland permitting, CWA Section 401 water quality certifications, and other environmental permitting
- Experience performing various biological field surveys for planning and construction.
- Demonstrated experience with preparation of resource agency permitting documents and other technical reports.
- Ability to foster relationships with large project teams, client, client’s contractors and regulatory agency staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and field personnel, while still engaging in regular field work and compliance monitoring.
- Experience with project management and preparing proposals.
- Ability to travel and work in the field.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s degree or other graduate degree
- Possession of a state [Scientific Collecting/MOU] or federal permit [10(a)1(A)] for listed species
- OSHA 40-hr HazWoper and OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Training
Apple here: https://careers.jacobs.com/job/13308160/senior-biologist-oakland-ca/