Kimley-Horn, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for an experienced Planning and Environmental Professional to join our growing Bay Area Team. This position will be located out of either Oakland, CA or San Jose, CA.
We are seeking an experienced planning professional to help expand our multi-disciplinary planning, environmental planning & entitlement practice in California. The successful candidate will have experience managing and preparing environmental analysis (CEQA/NEPA) documents, including initial studies, environmental impact reports, negative and mitigated negative declarations, CE’s and exemptions. Additional responsibilities include preparation of Specific Plans, General Plans, Master Plans, and other planning policy documents in support of a full range of infill and/or land development related projects. While our primary need is environmental planning, the ideal candidate will have broader experience with public and private entitlement planning processes. This position will also support other offices throughout California, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, City/Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of environmental planning experience conducting environmental studies for local agencies and private entities.
- Experience managing, preparing and processing Environmental planning and/or Entitlement-related projects.
- Experience managing a wide range of tasks related to environmental planning, land use planning, policy planning, and entitlement for both a variety of land development (commercial, residential, campus, institutional, energy), and mixed use and infill-related projects.
- Experience in the preparation of proposals, budgets, schedules, and public presentations.
- Thorough understanding of the CEQA process and as well as California Land Use and Planning Law.
- Knowledge and experience of the variety of resources and professional relationships available to facilitate and complete the CEQA process
- Experience with WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Prezi, Microsoft Project (or other scheduling software)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.