LSA Associates, Inc. (LSA) is a diversified environmental, transportation, and community planning organization with California offices in Carlsbad, Fresno, Irvine, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Point Richmond, Riverside, Roseville, and San Luis Obispo. The staff at LSA includes experts in environmental analysis, transportation planning and engineering, biology and wetlands, habitat restoration, resource management, geographic information systems (GIS), community and land planning, landscape architecture, archaeology and paleontology, noise, and air quality. We are recognized as innovators in the field of environmental impact assessment, and we have developed a reputation among clients and professional peers in both the public and private sectors as being thorough, innovative, and objective.
LSA’s San Luis Obispo office is seeking an Assistant Environmental Planner or Environmental Planner with a resource background as well as planning experience. Under the direction of a Project Manager, the planner will prepare technical reports and environmental documentation, primarily in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) (e.g., Initial Studies and Environmental Impact Reports). The Environmental Planner will also assist with preparation of resource agency permit packages; assist with preparation of water quality and floodplain analyses; conduct research for the preparation of environmental documents; compile and analyze a project’s consistency with applicable planning policies; compile and analyze data (e.g., demographic, public utilities, and public services data); draft topical sections of CEQA and NEPA documents based on information provided in technical reports; compile and organize administrative records, project files, and quality assurance/quality control documentation; assist in document production, including coordinating deliverables; and provide support for proposal preparation.
- Experience in water resources and preparation of resource agency permit packages is desirable
- 2 to 5 years of experience preferred, but candidates with more experience will also be considered
- Background in environmental resources and planning
- Experience with the preparation of documents that comply with CEQA and/or NEPA, as well as knowledge of other federal, State, and local environmental statutes and regulations
- Experience in a private environmental consulting firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Planning, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, and budget management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work as a member of a fast-paced team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
LSA’s greatest asset is its employee ownership. LSA offers excellent compensation and benefits, including competitive pay; medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care, group life and AD&D insurance plans; vacation, sick, and holiday pay; an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a Profit Sharing and Savings Plan (with 401k and company match). LSA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Please visit our job portal to apply for this position at: http://lsa.net/careers/openings/