M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 40 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoys working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified environmental planners to serve clients in the nine Bay Area county region. Candidates must have extensive CEQA and NEPA experience. Preferred experience working with California municipal governments. The position will be based in M-Group’s office located in Santa Rosa or Napa.
- Positions are available for part time (20-30 hours/week) or full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting environmental planning work for various jurisdictions, including; review of development approval projects, detailed report writing, and public presentations.
- Writing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliant documentation.
- Project manager responsibilities including completing and implementing a variety of project-related tasks.
- Analyzing environmental impacts; preparing CEQA documents, studies, findings and recommendations for various projects.
- Collecting, analyzing, tabulating and presenting land use, economic and environmental information.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Presenting findings and fielding questions for public hearings (Planning Commission /City Council).
- Applicants must have or be able to demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the environmental planning field (with at least 5 years for a position at the Senior level). A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of general principles, practices and theories of land use planning, general plan development, zoning ordinance development, and local regulations.
- Procedural requirements of CEQA, California Subdivision Map Act and other state and federal regulations that directly relate to environmental planning.
- Experience in reviewing technical reports related to the assessment of the physical environment and natural resources.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards for technical analyses.
- Understanding of regulatory context for environmental resource categories.
- The ability to translate technical analysis into language that is easy to understand.
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a variety of team environments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize numerous projects and work under tight timelines.
Benefits & Compensation:
- M-Group offers competitive compensation and fully paid health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401K and 3% employer contributions after 1 year of employment
- Training and Education allowances
- 12 Vacation days
- 12 Paid Holidays
Experience: Minimum of 3 years (with 5 years at the Senior level)
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.m-group.us/become-an-m-grouper and submit a resume and cover letter.