M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 40 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoy working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified Senior level planners to serve clients in the North Bay. Candidates must have experience working for municipal governments in California with advanced knowledge of CEQA and experience in policy and land use planning, design and development review. The positions are based in M-Group’s Santa Rosa office but are currently working remotely due to COVID19 Shelter In Place orders.
- Positions are available full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development approval projects, plan-checks, permit processing, public counter assistance, detailed report-writing, and public presentations.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Attendance at evening meetings (Planning Commission /City Council).
- Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Planning for a city jurisdiction with at least 2 as a Senior level planner. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a variety of team environments.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
- Graphic design and GIS skills desirable
Benefits & Compensation:
- 99% Employer Paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement Plan with 3% Employer contribution after 1 year
- 12 Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Submit your application at m-group.us/careers or email to firstname.lastname@example.org