The San Francisco office of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is seeking a highly qualified land use planner or land use paralegal with at least one to two years of relevant experience to join our preeminent land use practice.
Manatt’s land use group works with developers, property owners, builders, investors, contractors, public agencies and nonprofits to guide complex and sensitive projects through an increasingly intricate regulatory process.
This position is based in San Francisco; however, the ideal candidate will have some planning/permitting experience throughout the nine Bay Area counties. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and highly motivated to both support and significantly contribute to Manatt’s land use practice.
- Minimum of one to two years of land use planning/environmental (CEQA) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy or related area of study; for paralegal candidates, paralegal certification required
- Master’s or advanced degree is strongly preferred, but not required
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Experience with due diligence research; entitlement application preparation and coordination; lobbying and related communication with local government officials and staff; and presentations to various community organizations and/or decision making bodies.
- Experience working for a city agency or government official with exposure to housing and development issues preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- AICP and LEED certifications are a plus
About Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP:
Manatt Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is one of the nation’s preeminent law and consulting firms known for quality, for extraordinary commitment to clients, for integrated, relationship-based services, and for a range of capabilities typically found only in boutique firms. We are progressive and entrepreneurial compared to other major firms, and we are deeply committed to diversity, to public service, to involvement in the communities we serve and to excellence in all we do.
Join the Team:
All candidates must apply through our online application portal. Required application materials include a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and transcript. https://www.manatt.com/careers/current-opportunities?docid=13520