Location: Office in North Bay Area, California
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 65 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoys working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire a well-qualified Planning Manager to serve clients in the North Bay. Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including current planning and development review experience as well as supervisory and management experience. The position will be based in M-Group’s office located in Santa Rosa.
- Responsibilities may include:
- City Planning Division management, including planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing staff, programs, and activities of the Division.
- Provide expert professional assistance to City management team on community development matters.
- Work closely with City management team, City Council, Boards and Commissions, public and private organizations, and citizen groups in developing programs and implementing projects to solve problems related to the planning function. Advise department Managers and City Council on related issues and programs.
- Represent the City and work closely with citizen boards and commissions and public and private officials to provide technical assistance, directly or through subordinate staff.
- Coordinate the preparation of a wide variety of reports and presentations for City decision makers, City Council, Boards and Commissions and outside agencies.
- Administer and supervise the Planning Division staff and functions.
- Act as Secretary to the Planning Commission, organize and run Planning Commission meetings.
- Represent the Planning Division at City Council meetings.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, architecture, business, public administration or related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
A minimum of seven years’ experience with two years of management or supervisory experience working in local government planning activities including program planning, development, and administration. Experience working with citizen organizations is highly desirable.
- Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development and implementation, and employee supervision.
- Principles, practices, and programs related to community and urban development.
- Applicable city, California state, and federal laws, guidelines, and standards, affecting the administration of community development programs and projects.
- Funding sources impacting program and service development.
- Social, political, and environmental issues influencing program administration.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive compensation varies by level of experience
- Employer funded Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan and separate employer funded Profit-Sharing Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.m-group.us/become-an-m-grouper and submit a resume and cover letter.