Positions are available full time (40 hours/week).
Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development approval projects, plan-checks, permit processing, public counter assistance, detailed report-writing, and public presentations.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Attendance at evening meetings (Planning Commission /City Council).
Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Planning for a city jurisdiction with at least 2 as a Senior level planner. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a variety of team environments.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
- Graphic design and GIS skills desirable