WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state, county and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
This Planning Project Manager will join a collaboration of experienced planners, environmental planners, engineers, architects, and project managers dedicated to having a positive impact through effective planning. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The Senior Planner’s primary responsibilities include:
– Executing and leading hands-on production efforts on a wide range of planning projects
– Serving as a project manager over existing and new projects and providing direct support to other project managers on the team
– Directly interacting with clients, stakeholders, and the general public
– Supervising and mentoring junior staff and ensuring they are meeting client commitments
-, Supporting marketing and business development efforts
– Identifying new opportunities and assisting in the positioning for and ultimately securing the opportunity
– Four-year degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related discipline.
– Minimum 7-10 years of municipal/local/state government planning related experience that demonstrate a successive increase in experience and responsibilities.
– AICP or other related professional certification or licensure preferred.
– Knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as urban planning/design, policy planning, economic development, active transportation planning, transportation planning
– Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social & economic possibilities, and constraints.
-Ability to manage teams, budgets, scopes, and schedules
– Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
– Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams.
– Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Google Sketchup, and ESRI ArcGIS preferred.
– Computer generated graphic skills such as creating displays, project boards, maps, and other graphics that help communicate planning ideas and concepts preferred.
– Ability to accommodate moderate travel.
– Valid driver’s license.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.