MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with over 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Berkeley, CA office is seeking a multi-talented, entry- to mid-level planner with interest and skills in policy, land use, urban design, and community engagement . We are seeking a candidate with education and professional background in urban planning and design to work with a creative, driven, interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in urban, city or land use planning, and one+ years of relevant experience.
The Project Associate will work on a range of efforts, including general plans, specific plans, downtown plans, zoning codes, campus master plans, parks and open space plans, and streetscape projects. He or she will help with plan analyses and reports; mapping and graphics production; community engagement efforts; and other work products for both public and private sector clients.
Excellent writing, communication and critical thinking skills are essential for this position. Required software skills include Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite. ArcGIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp and design skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend work will be required as necessary for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
- Conducting research and analysis for planning and urban design projects.
- Developing graphics, maps, plan documents, presentations and public meeting materials.
- Supporting public engagement efforts by developing meeting and event materials, collecting and analyzing feedback, and attending community events.
- Facilitating small group exercises and recording community input.
- Drafting memos, meeting summaries, and plan content.
- Master’s degree in urban or city planning
- Background in California land use planning and public policy
- One to five years related work experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively and multi-task