MIG is an award-winning national firm specializing planning, design, management, science, communications and technology. For over 35 years, we have been a guiding force in helping our clients and the public think strategically, communicate effectively, and look beyond convention to produce meaningful design solutions to improve our communities and protect the environment.
Our Berkeley office is seeking a motivated, creative and experienced Urban Designer and Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We are looking for professionals with an education and background in urban planning or urban design and, foremost, a passion to work with a creative, driven team dedicated to creating great places.
This position involves leading project teams to create bold and innovative urban design solutions for both public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will work closely with planners, designers, landscape architects and engineers to develop forward-thinking designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and graphic materials for projects with clients across the state and country. Typical projects may include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, specific plans, station area plans, transit-oriented development, and neighborhood plans.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience in urban design or a closely related field
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Project budget and contract management experience
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and AutoCAD
- InDesign and GIS software skills a plus, as are bilingual capabilities
The ideal candidate must be able to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects, work products, and clients; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and are passionate about planning/design and have a desire to help create and improve our communities, please email your resume, descriptive cover letter with salary requirements, and portfolio to:email@example.com. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. The position is open until filled.
MIG values diversity and foster an inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment, and a creative atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with experience.