PlaceWorks is searching for a planner to join the Environmental Team in our Sacramento (Folsom) office. We are looking for individuals with 0 – 3 years of professional experience (such as through an internship) related to planning, who have an interest in environmental planning and environmental analysis—we are willing to train! The ideal candidate has excellent writing and critical thinking skills, and is self-starting, outgoing, collaborative, and passionate about helping shape and improve communities and the environment. Supporting project managers and other senior staff, this position assists in preparation and processing of environmental documents and with other aspects of the CEQA process to contribute to the successful completion of projects at a variety of scales, often working concurrently on more than one project. Our environmental planning practice encompasses a variety of private and public sector project work, including environmental review of general and specific plans, schools, parks, mixed-use development, commercial centers, and infrastructure projects.
You’re most likely a fit if:
- You love planning for the future of communities and making a difference with your work.
- You are familiar with or are genuinely interested in learning the CEQA process, CEQA and NEPA compliance, and technical writing and analysis of environmental documents and impact analysis for initial studies and EIRs.
- You’re a self-starter who can work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- You have excellent writing, formatting, and proofreading skills and are detail-oriented.
- You’re a skilled researcher and enjoy analyzing and compiling research and data as required by a project.
- You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Engaging with the public excites you, and you’re willing to jump-in to help with outreach efforts. You may be asked to coordinate meetings, prepare and assemble materials/supplies, present, and/or facilitate discussions at workshops.
- You have professional acumen to cultivate working relationships with clients, community org’s, and other firms.
- Multi-tasking is second nature and you can produce final project documents, products, and reports by stated deadlines.
- You’re interested in assisting with marketing, business development, and proposal efforts for environmental work.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in urban, regional, environmental, or natural resource planning; land use or environmental law; environmental studies or sciences; political science; public administration; or related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Are able to attend community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends.
- Have a current and valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
To Interested in this opportunity? To be considered, submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Sacramento: Entry-level Environmental Planner” to email@example.com.
For more information about PlaceWorks, please visit: www.placeworks.com.