PlaceWorks is searching for a Marketing Coordinator to join the Marketing/Business Development Team in our Berkeley office. We are looking for individuals who have at least 2 years of marketing experience in the architecture and engineering industry. The Marketing Coordinator works closely with our Northern California Marketing/Business Development team and project managers to help produce proposals, statements of qualifications (SOQs), and other marketing and business development materials, often working on more than one proposal/project at a time under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, extremely organized, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
You’re most likely a fit if:
- You have experience with proposal, SOQ, and marketing/business development materials production. This includes reviewing, outlining and adhering to requirements; collecting, compiling and coordinating information; developing, writing and editing content; formatting and design; assembly and production; and maintaining quality control.
- Multi-tasking is second nature and you can produce final work products within stated guidelines and deadlines.
- You’re willing to jump-in and help with any aspect of proposal and marketing/business development efforts and work occasional overtime (paid) to help meet deadlines.
- You have experience performing marketing administrative tasks such as coordinating with subconsultants and outside teaming partners; updating and maintaining marketing systems and collateral; scheduling and coordinating meetings; and other administrative and/or production tasks.
- You’re a self-starter who can work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- You have excellent writing, formatting, and proofreading skills and are detail oriented.
- You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a range of personality types and work styles, and you aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You remain calm, cool, collected, and responsive when working under tight deadlines.
- You have experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Interested in this opportunity? To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Berkeley: Marketing Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About PlaceWorks: Based in California, PlaceWorks is one of the premier planning, design, and environmental services firms in the U.S. The firm’s expertise and services span a wide range of practices, including city planning, urban design, landscape architecture, environmental review, GIS, and community participation. Our interdisciplinary, holistic approach integrates sustainability, economic vitality, community goals, and collaboration with our clients in the planning and design process. We are passionate about our work, and together with our clients, will continue to create great places. Learn more about the work we do and how we do it at: http://placeworks.com/.
To our employees, we offer interesting and diverse project work; a casual, collaborative, and flexible work environment; a comprehensive benefits package; training, professional development, and career growth opportunities; and the chance to work amongst industry leaders, practice area founders, and friendly, supportive, and dedicated colleagues.
PlaceWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at PlaceWorks are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status covered by applicable federal, state, or local law.