PlaceWorks is searching for a planner to join the Environmental Team in our Berkeley office or Sacramento (Folsom) office. We are looking for individuals with 2 – 5 years of experience preparing CEQA documents for a wide range of projects (NEPA experience is a plus) as well as some project management experience. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and critical thinking skills, and is self-starting, outgoing, collaborative, and passionate about helping shape and improve communities and the environment. This position prepares and processes environmental documents to comply with CEQA/NEPA, performs project administration/management, and supports project teams in all aspects of providing environmental consulting services to our clients. Our team works on a variety of private and public sector project work, including environmental review of general and specific plans, schools, parks, mixed-use development, commercial centers, and infrastructure projects.
You’re most likely a fit if:
- You love planning for the future of communities and making a difference with your work.
- You’re a self-starter who can work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
- You’ve conducted most phases of the CEQA process and are experienced with preparing and processing CEQA/NEPA documents and impact analysis for initial studies and EIRs.
- You have strong knowledge of CEQA/NEPA compliance and latest changes to CEQA Guidelines legislation.
- You understand the importance of preparing technically sound and legally defensible environmental documents.
- Multi-tasking is second nature and you can manage projects and work products within budget and stated deadlines.
- You have excellent technical writing and proofreading skills and are detail-oriented.
- You’re a skilled researcher and enjoy analyzing and compiling research and data as required by a project.
- You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Engaging with the public excites you, and you’re willing to jump-in to help with community outreach efforts.
- You have professional acumen to cultivate working relationships with clients, community org’s, and other firms.
- You have a desire to participate in marketing, business development, and proposal efforts for environmental work.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in urban, regional, environmental, or natural resource planning; land use or environmental law; or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Are able to attend community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends.
- Have a current and valid driver’s license and an acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
We are flexible in considering candidates with greater experience than those specified above.
Interested in this opportunity? To be considered, submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Northern CA: Mid-level Environmental Planner” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please specify which office location you are interested in.
To learn more about PlaceWorks, please visit: www.placeworks.com.